Tuesday, May 27, 2008

1week to go

So, the face of the earth contains 148.94 million square km of land according to the CIA world factbook, and indeed, I plan on walking them all. I've always loved to travel. I've been all over the US and on family trips when I was a kid my parents and grandparents and I would go Arizona, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and a number of other places. I went skiing in Salt Lake City and horseback riding in Flagstaff, Arizona and saw Civil War reenactments in Alabama and went to the beach in Florida. I was a junior in high school when I went to London and Paris and the Normandy region of France, my first trip abroad. I went to Ireland the summer after I graduated from high school and now, the summer before I graduate from college, I'm going to London for six weeks and then spending two weeks in Belgium and Germany. I leave in about a week. The purpose of this blog is two-fold. First of all, I can post pictures and write about my time in London for my family and friends to see since I may not get the chance to talk to all of them on a regular basis. (Hi mom, dad, Sheila, and Gary and whosoever else may stumble across this thing that happens to know me.) Also, if anyone here, backpacker or traveler, stumbles across my humble blog feel free to glean any information you can from it, or give hints, tips, and advice in return. I really don't mind, but maybe I'll talk about a few places people haven't been to or maybe I'll just make my friends really jealous...kidding guys, stop glaring.
Even though I'm going to London for school, I have three day weekends, which means a lot of opportunity to travel, and my hope is to go to quite a few places, as time and finances will allow. My goal is to hit up either Rome or Athens for a three day weekend, and to stop by Dublin again and to go to Scotland and Wales as well. But, we'll see what actually happens. Anyway, I'll make this short since I really don't have much to say, and I'll see you in a week when I post from London. See you soon.
~P.

No comments: